The Hoopa Tribal After-School Program (ASP)
521 Loop Road
P.O. Box 1348 Hoopa CA 95546
530-625-1009 phone 530-625-1149 fax
Shelly Carpenter, Manager email@example.com
Viola Marshall, Teacher
Jazmyne Carpenter, Substitute Teacher Aide
Luci Ryles, Substitute Teacher Aide
~The goals of the Hoopa Tribal After-School Program are to be effective, positive, and educationally enriching; to enhance academic, social, and life skills; to enhance local culture and linguistic values; to promote community awareness, physical fitness and health & safety in young children~
- Native American families: mother, father, guardian or child enrolled in a federally recognized Indian tribe
- Foster or other child who is non-Native but resides with a Native American guardian who is directly responsible for the child and is enrolled in a federally recognized Indian tribe.
- Income eligible based on the ASP fee scale
- Special needs based on the definition in the program’s 3 year plan
- Parent(s) who are working
- Child in Kindergarten up through 5th grade
- Resides in the program’s service area; Hoopa Reservation and Willow Creek CA
Program funding: The ASP operates from grant funding provided to the Hoopa Tribal Lead Agency from the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) ~ Administration for Children and Families (ACF) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Enrollment: 20 children. The program has an on-going waiting list.
The Hoopa Tribal After-School Program provides cultural arts and language activities, arts & crafts projects, homework & reading assistance, health, safety & community awareness activities, and physical fitness programs to the children. We help the children to work together in groups as well as working on their own. The program has many collaborative partners in the valley as well as outside of the valley. All partners are very active in helping to work with the children.
Our children are our future and at the Hoopa Tribal After-School Program we do our best to teach them to live with healthy, positive attitudes and lifestyles.
About Hoopa Valley Tribe
We, the Hoopa Valley Tribe, are a Tribal Government dedicated to protecting and promoting the interests of the Hoopa Valley Indians, and cooperating and collaborating with Federal, State, and local Governments.
Hoopa Valley Tribe
11860 State Hwy 96
PO Box 1348
Hoopa, CA 95546
Copyright 2003 - 2019 The Hoopa Valley Tribe