Our Purpose is to serve the Hoopa Valley tribal membership, our main responsibility is to carry out all processes for enrollment. The Enrollment Department actively maintains the tribal membership’s physical charts and the tribal memberships profile in ProgenyES Tribal Membership Management DataSystem. It is our duty to update current contact information and to validate tribal enrollment for the Hoopa Valley Tribe.
- DNA testing to establish paternity
- blood corrections
- completes relinquishment requests
- validates tribal enrollment
- manages tribal members charts
- manages vital records (released w/consent only)
- updates contact information for the tribe
- family trees and kinship reports
- tribal identification cards
- generates statistical reports from ProgenyES database
- confirms enrollment for student grants and scholarships
- Eagle Feather permits and Eagle Parts order forms
- BIA form 4432 Verification of Indian Preference for Employment
- enroll tribal members into the Tribe’s privacy portal
- assistance w/heirship and probate
- BIA Form OST 01-004 IIM distribution request of minor trust fund
761 Loop Road
Hoopa, California 95546
Post Office Box 1348
Hoopa, California 95546
(530) 625-4364, ext: 210
The Enrollment Committee Consists of Five members of the Hoopa Valley Tribe.
- Carole Nixon-Baldy
- Starlene Bussell
- Coty Yarbrough
- Dorene Marshall-Kautsky
The committee meets quarterly for Enrollment Review meetings are to ensure applicants meet all requirements for tribal enrollment. This committee meets periodically for special meetings and appeal hearings when necessary.
BIA Form 4432 Verification of Indian Preference For Employment (PDF)
Change of Minor's Address Memo (PDF)
Change of Name (PDF)
DNA Disclosure (PDF)
Enrollment Application (PDF)
Enrollment Application Instructions (PDF)
Form BTFA-01-004 IIM Instructions for Disbursement of Funds (PDF)
Relinquishment Statement (PDF)
Request for Information
Request Tribal ID (PDF)
Tribal ID Cards
Tribal identification cards can be obtained the same day by coming into the Enrollment Department office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Out of town tribal members are advised to call the office to update information, if there is a current picture and signature on file we could issue a new Tribal ID through the mail.
About Hoopa Valley Tribe
We, the Hoopa Valley Tribe, are a Tribal Government dedicated to protecting and promoting the interests of the Hoopa Valley Indians, and cooperating and collaborating with Federal, State, and local Governments.
Hoopa Valley Tribe
11860 State Hwy 96
PO Box 1348
Hoopa, CA 95546
Fax: (530) 625-4594
Copyright 2003 - 2020 The Hoopa Valley Tribe