Johnson O'Malley (JOM) NDN Center
"NDN Center – NohołDiniłayding-Niwho:ngxw (JOM)
The Hoopa NDN Center, historically known as Johnson O’Malley (JOM), has provided educational and cultural services to generations of Hupa families. We have continued a long-time involvement with local schools, currently focusing primarily on Hoopa Elementary School students. Our staff provides in-school and afterschool tutoring, cultural and recreational activities, college preparation activities, as well as working with school administration in advocating and providing support to keep students in school.
- Annual programs and activities offered by our program (and in collaboration with other Tribal programs):
- In-school tutoring (primarily K-3rd grade students)
Afterschool tutoring (3rd-8th grade students)
- Afterschool Hupa Language class (4th-8th grade students)
- Hupa Language Immersion Camp (age group varies)
- Acorn Camp (8-13 year old youth)
- Warrior Camp (8-13 year old youth)
Cultural Connections (In-school programming currently offered to 7th & 8th grade female students)
- Annual Fish Fair
- Annual Indian Day celebrations
- Annual Sovereign Day celebrations
- Summer day camps (ages vary by week)
Most recently, we received a grant from First Nations Development Institute to support a year-long Xo'ji Kya' Dress-Making Project for 12 local Native girls who are 12-16 years old and committed to making their own ceremonial dresses.
Our program provides healthy snacks and meals through a partnership with the California Department of Education, Nutrition Services Division's Child and Adult Care Food Program."
The NDN Center/JOM staff can be contacted on our office line, (530) 625-4040, from 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) OR via e-mail at email@example.com at any time.
About Hoopa Valley Tribe
We, the Hoopa Valley Tribe, are a Tribal Government dedicated to protecting and promoting the interests of the Hoopa Valley Indians, and cooperating and collaborating with Federal, State, and local Governments.
Hoopa Valley Tribe
11860 State Hwy 96
PO Box 1348
Hoopa, CA 95546
Fax: (530) 625-4594
Copyright 2003 - 2020 The Hoopa Valley Tribe